Welcome to the Be That 1% Podcast Experience!
Welcome to bonus episode 25 where we interview Omar Foster, a leader in the health and fitness industry in Las Vegas and the guest speaker at our ALL MEN’s Unshakeable event in Las Vegas on April 28th.
We wanted you to get to know a little bit about him and his story so you can look forward to learning even more from him at the event.
He has poured his passion into helping people through health and fitness. And it was his dream to own and operate his own gym one day. Fast forward to today, he co-owns 3 CrossFit gyms, one of which is the most visited CrossFit gym in the world.
He talks about how he grew up in not the best circumstances and has created literally everything he has from scratch. He also talks about the belief he had to have in himself to overcome the failures along the way and offers some words of advice to you. We dive into a little bit of what it’s like to be a new dad to his son uriah and how that’s truly changed his perspective on everything.
At the event he’ll be talking about more of the how-to’s on building a business, a brand and overcoming failure but for now let’s just spend some time getting to know Omar Foster.
Key Take Aways
- It’s the small achievements that grow into something big.
- The key to failure is redefining it so you can use it to get you to where you want to go.
- You’re the only one truly judging yourself.
- Be equally present whether you’re working or spending time with family.
- In relationships, quality time is essential, especially today with our overuse of technology
- If you have an idea, you can make it happen with consistent work, discipline and faith.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- (01:03) Omar’s background
- (03:30) Omar’s story
- (05:30) What led him into fitness
- (07:25) His entrepreneurial journey
- (08:32) Omar’s crossfit gyms in Las Vegas
- (11:53) A common theme in Omar’s journey
- (12:36) Defining failure
- (15:47) BIggest lesson Omar has learned from being a parent
- (16:31) Having children has allowed him to have a bigger vision for the future
- (17:34) Balancing work and family life
- (19:05) Not being afraid to fail
- (20:20) What being that 1% means to Omar
- (21:03) Why people don’t access their own 1%
- (21:48) Omar’s vision 10 years from now
CONNECT WITH OMAR
Personal FB: facebook.com/omar.velous.5
Business FB: facebook.com/CFmaxeffort
ALL MENS EVENT | APRIL 28TH IN LAS VEGAS