Welcome to the Be That 1% Podcast Experience!
Welcome to episode 43 with Sarah Pendrick. In this episode, Sarah talks about how she created her women’s empowerment movement – GirlTalk Network. She gives us a glimpse of how this movement is impacting women from all over the world by providing them with resources, empowerment, and education. She also shares her struggles with vulnerability and the things that can happen when you are showing up to the world as your most authentic self.
Key Take Aways
- The more vulnerable you are, the further you’ll get towards what you’re looking for.
- When there is something big you want to accomplish, set a date to when you will make it happen and don’t give yourself an option to change that date
- If you’re not living your most authentic self, you won’t attract the people who are
Time Stamped Show Notes
- (01:22) Amanda introduces Sarah Pendrick
- (07:12) Sharing the mission and women supporting women
- (09:23) Sarah’s childhood
- (10:39) Creating a business plan as a teen
- (14:34) Building a business out of what you wish you had
- (15:53) What Sarah talks to girls about when she goes to speak at schools
- (19:30) People who helped Sarah turn her dreams into reality
- (22:11) How to get started
- (26:43) What Sarah did to get people to believe in her
- (29:19) The WHY behind girltalk
- (34:16) Sarah’s relationship with her husband
- (37:31) Imposter Syndrome
- (45:42) When Sarah started stepping into her voice
- (57:00) Sarah gives Amanda some advice on hosting an all women’s event
- (1:03:32) What Be That 1% means to Sarah
- (1:04:41) Why people don’t step into their own 1%
- (1:05:30) Where Sarah sees herself in 5 years
Connect with Sarah
Sarah is also giving our listeners 1 month free of Girl Talk Life which is an online community of powerful women. You’ll have access to female experts, coaches, therapists, and thought leaders. You’ll be provided with resources and tools for all areas of your life to be able to be empowered to take action!
Get your first month free with promo code: BOSS at girltalknetwork.org/life