Welcome to the Be That 1% Podcast Experience!
In this episode we talk about the three things you should never be controlled by: the past, money, and other people. As we end this month of March and our theme “Master-Minds”, we believe it’s imperative to understand these three things and how they impact your life. If you want to go to the next level and if you want to perform higher, gaining awareness of how these things control your life is key.
James and Amanda share personal stories on how they have recognized themselves being controlled by these things throughout their lives and what big shifts happened once they began to adopt more positive beliefs. Amanda also touches on the importance of mastering your own mind in order to be your greatest self. She explains how your past, money, and other people can affect what person you are on the road to becoming.
- Most decisions are based on either the past, money, or other people.
- Understand what controls your decisions in order to take back control.
- Who you were in the past does not have to dictate who you are in the present and who you are in the future. You get to choose who you want to be now.
- Make decisions based on who you want to be in the future.
- The past could either be our best friend or our worst enemy, depending on how we use it.
- Money is an amplifier and it is only going to amplify your intentions.
- Ask yourself questions: Why do you want money and what are you going to spend it on?
- Do not make decisions based off of what others will think of you.
- If we’re not careful, the people around us can unconsciously be tearing us down.
- Sometimes others have their identity tied up in you.
- We are who we surround ourselves with, so be mindful of the company you keep.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- (1:49) Amanda – The past
- (4:04) James – The past cont’d
- (5:58) Amanda – The past cont’d
- (6:26) James – Letting go of the story that you’re not enough
- (7:59) Amanda – Examples of when James uses his past to motivate him and push him forward.
- (8:40) James – First paid speaking engagement
- (11:01) Money
- (14:10) James – Money cont’d
- (16:16) Pursuing physical therapy & the lightbulb moment
- (17:11) Peanut butter & jelly sandwich story
- (18:16) James – Leaving his old mindset and stepping into new financial opportunities
- (20:24) Leaving the Las Vegas industry and creating Be That 1%
- (21:00) Amanda- Other people
- (22:29) James – 2 ways to build the tallest building
- (25:22) Amanda – Mastering your own mind
- (28:45) James – Not just letting anyone into your “home”
- (20:27) Episode recap
- (31:57) Unshakeable event
ALL MEN’S EVENT | APRIL 28TH IN LAS VEGAS